Hi Charlie,

Out of interest (while I await a hung server) I've configured FR 2.0.4
on my dev PC and run a couple of calls to the web service whilst I
watch them in FR. I was alarmed to see that my single request was
costing 32MB of memory (32,438KB)!!!! This snapshot was taken at about
the 30th second (the whole request finished after 55s).

Here is the top part of the "Thread Stack Trace":

Thread Stack Trace
Trace Time:   15:26:34.224 08-Jan-2009
Request ID:   25
Script Name:  http://foo
Started:      15:26:04.177 08-Jan-2009
Exec Time:    30047ms
Memory Used:  (6%)32,438KB
Memory Free:  472,457KB
Thread ID:    jrpp-8
Hashcode:     30900283

"jrpp-8" prio=5 tid=0x03c5f468 nid=0x3c4 runnable [559d000..559fd90]
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.a(DashoA12275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.a(DashoA12275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(DashoA12275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
        - locked <0x158afd20> (a java.lang.Object)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA12275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(DashoA12275)
        - locked <0x158afc88> (a com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:220)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:277)
        - locked <0x158afad8> (a java.io.BufferedInputStream)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:111)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.read
(Unknown Source)

Cheers
Matthew