I cringe when I hear the word "just".  As a production manager, I hear a lot
of "just" related to IE6 specific "tweaks" (it will 'just' take me an hour
or two), which cumulate to thousands of dollars per year and significant
schedule pain.  Yes, in a perfect world IE6 would be managed through perfect
CSS and if/then statements.  But our world of plug ins, widgets, third-party
ad-ons and integration with legacy systems is far from perfect.  I require
an element of predictability and profitability that IE6 in particular
threatens.

It takes a significant amount of time to perform a full user test on each
browser, and accommodating the likes of Safari, IE6, IE7, IE8, FF2, FF3, and
Opera can be a 2-day exercise, not too mention if there are issues that
require changes and re-testing.  It would be nice to eliminate just one of
the "options" we as a society feel are necessary.

If I have an option to kill something, IE6 is top of my list.

Chad
who still lurks on Cold Fusion forums like the bad smell from the lunch your
6th grade kid forgot in their bag over school holidays