From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:cfaus...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mark Mandel
Sent: Wednesday, 26 May 2010 1:25 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cfaussie] Re: JB-HI Moving to dotnet

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Andrew Scott <andr...@andyscott.id.au>
wrote:

but until Adobe come in and push like firmware used to do and promote the
product it will not be a serious contender here in Australia.

Again, I'll ask the question - HOW?

I honestly have no idea how firmware used to push it, I started CF just
around the end of firmware, so I missed out on it.

To be completely frank, I think IMHO Adobe is listening (they may be slow to
move, but they are listening) to what is happening in ANZ, but we're not
really giving them a clear message on what exactly we want done other than
'this sucks'.

We're being a bit of the quintessential client that is saying 'I don't like
it, but keep changing it and I'll tell you when I do', which we all know and
love.

I mean, we all complained about how hard/painful/etc it was the actually
just buy ColdFusion in ANZ, now there are dedicated resellers in the region
to help solve that problem.  Case in point, we presented a real problem, and
a solution was provided.

So what could Adobe be doing better?  If this question can be answered well,
I can put my ACP hat on with something I can actually take to Adobe, and
maybe a solution can be reached... or at least, a discussion can be started.

Mark

--
E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com