Hey Raul,

1) One of the advantages of scripted video is that there is a written artefact
that could be included for search purposes. Similar to the way that SVG
includes its text as searchable content as opposed to bitmaps of words on
canvas.

2) This is a little trickier because it implicitly dives through the levels
that we interact with video. The pixelmator video example was one that I was
looking at as a viewer (because it is pretty) and as a content creator (by the
way it conveyed information so efficiently). The level you are talking about is
the level of the tool to create such a video or image. The reason that J
doesn't have such a tool is probably because this level of UI is really
difficult to get right and even when you do, the users may turn on you, such as
when Apple introduced the new version of Final Cut Pro. Also, there may not be
reasons for J to manipulate video in this way when there are other tools
already available, but you already referred to this when you talked of bringing
other tools such as Blender. Currently, I am taking a hard look at the labs
feature in J to provide this type of glue. Amazingly, we lack a creation tool
for labs in the newer versions of J and if there were a tool that would be
 worth building, I think that would be it.

3) In signing off (and even though you don't like video) I just opened a link
to this orientation/welcoming tutorial produced by processing.org that also has
content that involves the visual aspects and power of computer programming.
Might be worth a look.  http://hello.processing.org/

Cheers, bob