From: Chat <chat-boun...@forums.jsoftware.com> On Behalf Of Brian Schott
Sent: Tuesday, 23 July 2019 5:13 AM
To: Chat forum <c...@jsoftware.com>
Subject: Re: [Jchat] Introducing J to Financial & Actuarial Students

Bill,

My idea would be to find textbooks used in college's actuarial curriculum and
attempt to suggest j scripts that can facilitate calculations therein.
(I found this search most challenging, btw.) I found a handful of texts at the
GSU bookstore by searching the GSU college actuarial curriculum at
https://robinson.gsu.edu/files/2019/02/2018-2019-Actuarial-Science-Guide-Check-List-final-doc.pdf
.

Below are three texts found for 3 separate courses being offered in the
upcoming Fall term at GSU -- no text of which I have seen or heard.

ACTEX Study Manual for SOA Exam P, 2018/Second Printing (w/StudyPlus Access
Code)
$109.00
ISBN: 9781635884470
Author Boverman
Publisher: Actex Publications

Mathematics of Investment & Credit
$55.20 to $120.00
Edition: 6th
ISBN: 9781625424853
Author Broverman
Publisher: Actex Publications
Formats: PAPERBACK

Loss Models
$71.28 to $154.95
Edition: 4th
ISBN: 9781118315323
Author Klugman
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated
Formats: Hardcover, BryteWave Format

--
(B=) <-----my sig
Brian Schott