On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:12:58PM -0700, Dev Random wrote:
> Well, if you split up the files, then you can have nodes that do not have
> enough information to reconstruct any particular file.  It's a future
> feature, I would hope.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but wouldn't you still then have all the
blocks on your node when you request the file? Or maybe the node could
ensure that it never cached all the blocks for one file - but then it
would have to be able to tell the file from the block, which would
defeat the point, no?

I think I'd just better go back and sit in my hole for a while.

--
Leo Howell                                           M5AKW
freenet:MSK@SSK@2vz8xnhEJyJOlBVNfBEOWaohQFEQAgE/freesite//

PGP signature