Aaron P Ingebrigtsen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>  Lets say your node can have only 1mb of data on it at a time, and lets
> say you are downloading a 15 meg file.  Under the current freenet
> configuration I think you would not be able to download that file [...]

With the current Freenet, the whole thing would be downloaded, shooting
right on past that 1 MB barrier that you set up, and you'd have all 15 MB
of it in your data store.  Then the next time you restarted Freenet, all
but 1 MB of it would be deleted.

This assumes you don't fill up the file system in which the data
store resides.  (And if you're running Freenet on a 1 MB file system,
such as a floppy diskette, then I think you're going to have *serious*
trouble getting anything at all to work very well.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

PGP signature