On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:08:33 -0500 Jay Tamboli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Have you guys seen this?
> freenet:MSK@SSK@2xLCU-BEVZHcbiuMH9e6K~6Ds9YQAgE/who_is_using_freenet//
> It's a list of nodes.  I guess this isn't really an exploit or
> attack of any kind because you don't know who's requesting or
> publishing what, so, unless Freenet becomes illegal, this is
> useless.  I wonder if any ISP's would forbid a user from running
> a node, provided that node doesn't constantly saturate a
> broadband connection.

Yes, freenet is about the freedom to trade information without being
censored, includeing information that might be used to hurt people.

I don't know if an ISP would care whether you have a node or not as long
as the LAW doesn't step in and force them to shut you down.  If they say
you are useing way too much bandwidth, just limit the bandwidth your node
is able to use!  My node crashes when more than four simultanious
connections are active, so, I limited it to only four.  So, you can limit
your node in the same way.

If someone put my credit card number and other personal stuff onto
freenet, I would be upset, worried, and maybe a little frightened.  But I
would get my card reported as stolen and get a new card, then I would
maybe wait and see if any of the other info might cause any major
disruption in my life.  If it doesn't, I'll just go on.  If it does,
well, there are ways of dealing with it.

I wonder how that publisher got his/her list of node addresses.