On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 08:24:40PM +0200, Stefan Reich wrote:
> The problem is that in the end, it is impossible to hide that you are
> running a Freenet node (at least if it's not transient).

It is not, and was never, a goal of Freenet to make it impossible to
determine whether someone is running a node.  Having said that, we will
be taking some precautions in 0.4 to make it more difficult to harvest
node addresses.  I did propose a system a while back called "Shadow
nodes" which would allow someone to hide their node address using one or
more other Freenet nodes as a proxy.  Nobody except those nodes would
know that you are running a Freenet node.

Ian.

PGP signature