On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:59:13 -0400, you wrote:

> On 7/12/05, Matthew Toseland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > /me renames Freenet PornNet. ;)
> >=20
> > I have friends who rsync their porn. But I can see your point. Is this
> > an issue only for porn? What class of material is subject to this
> > consideration? Personally I avoid material that could be used to
> > blackmail me, traceable or not.
>
> And I have friends who watch porn in coed groups.  I think they're
> weird, but then they probably say the same about my ex-poultry :)
>
> Other classes of material: anything that could be seen as incitement
> to revolt probably counts.  The difference between rebels that history
> approves of vs condemns appears to be decided after the fact.  Having
> Freenet be relevant to revolutions would be damaged by this, right?=20
> And it seems entirely reasonable for me to want to anonymize my
> revolutionary plots by mixing them up with other people's searches for
> deceased fowls.
>
> Writings about drug use also come to mind, though these seem to be
> relatively accepted on the public internet.  That probably isn't as
> true in, say, much of Asia, though.
>
> >=20
> > Your privacy against local nodes is only an issue if your content is
> > voted down.
>
> If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to fear.

The problem with THAT kind of thinking is that over the course
of history, it has gotten a lot of people needlessly killed.
Don't forget the perfectly well meaning people who thought they
were being "Good German Citizens" by turning in Jews and those
who sympathized with and helped them.

PLEASE!  Keep Freenet Anonymous!

Keep Freenet FREE!

Keep Freenet UN-detectable and UN-Traceable

Perhaps next time it won't be Jews, maybe it will be some
perfectly reasonable person who just happens to have a
"Politically Incorrect" opinion, politics or religion.

Mark my words, someday there WILL be another Dachau!  The
question is, Will we sit by and be 'Good German Citizens', or
will we act in some way to help whoever's lined up at the ovens
next time?  The ghost of Bergen Belsen looms on the horizon and
the blood of ten million Russian citizens almost all innocent
bystanders waits to see how we will handle OUR turn.

May we Honor their sacrifice.

- --
My gpg public key (0x92769D7E) can be found on my freesite:
http://127.00.1:8888/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/mytwoce
nts/23//m2ckey.html
(you must be running freenet for this link to work)