Alright another desmogged vehicle.  I remember doing it to my 86 Cutlass.
Tore off every piece of emission control junk, gutted the converter, and
ripped off about 3000 vacuum line.  also replaced the distributor/carb with
one from an older non computer controlled car.  Made the car run alot better,
better gas mileage too beleive it or not.  This made the chevy engine
transplant much easier last december.  I just have to hope i don't get
checked at a motor vehicle checkpoint.  Think it may be time to move out of
NJ soon :)  The funny thing is the 350 I dropped in the car has lower
emissions than the 307 I took out of the car.

Tom