At 01:49 PM 07/15/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>this is why i didn't do the crate 502. my engine builder warned me that they
>had problems (of course he wanted to build me an engine too) with oil
>consumption and poor machine work.
>he told me if i bought one to bring it in and for about $1800.00 he would fix
>everything.
>since we have started (Oct) on my motor (458)  2,502 crates have been
>brought into his shop both with excessive oil usage

Ha-Ha, at first look that looks like 2,502 502 crate
motors, he must be very busy...<Grin>.

>but I have also seen several that run great with no problems. The GM target
>motors have been put together for years in Mexico. I wonder where the cranks
>were built that tom mentioned?

Even 17 yrs ago they were built there.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] & The Doberman gang in Dallas (Taxes)
Dave's Doberman page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1877/
Doberworld home page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1878/
El-Camino/Chevelle page http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1876/
My Machine Shop http://cncshop.8m.com