All I have to say about an Edlebrock is be prepared to be amazed by the
wonders of this carb.  I love mine after I fought with my brand new Holley
to keep it running right I finally broke down and bought another carb, I
threw it on never touched it until last summer and I love it.  Before I
wrecked my car I was boasting 20 mpg out of my 396 on the highway and 14-18
city driving as long as I stayed out of the throttle.  As for your sons' 66,
how did the brake swap go?  Did you put the dual reservior master cylinder
on?  Good luck!
Josh
Wounded 66SS396