At 11:31 AM 11/24/2001, you wrote:
Well I think I forgot to mention one more important fact in the whole transaction.  He also told me it wouldn't be done for almost a year.  :-(  I would have much less problem with the $5000 estimate if he would just jump on it and do it and get it done.  Why, if shops are getting paid for their time, do they insist on putting it behind insurance work.  I mean couldn't a shop just jump on it and get it done in a couple of weeks and then get their money?  Sheesh.  I can honestly say that after all the troubles I have had trying to get this thing looking decent (this is about the 10th shop I've been to and the first other than Maaco who would actually take the job) that I am almost to the point of just selling the damn thing as it is and waiting until I can buy a Chevelle with a paint job already.  :-(  This "hobby" shouldn't be so frustrating.

Car painters are like plumbers, they don't really seem to want the work so they juice the estimates so high, nobody would pay them. Unfortunately that leaves us out in the cold. I'm not looking forward to the day when mine has to be painted....maybe I'll learn how to do it myself between now and then....

Kelly C. Hanna