Dave,
You can't run a non lockup converter but Hughes makes stall lockups. these
are great because they dont slip like a normal stall converter thus not too
bad of gas milage. but they are like $300. I have never worked on a 'glide
but the bolt is to adjust a band so it is probably similer.
Sean Martinez
'66 Chevelle