Actually, you'll be surprised at how easy this is.  Since you didnt say
otherwise, I'm assuming you have a column shifter.  Drop the little panel
under the steering column.  It should be 4 screws.  Up in there, you'll see
what looks like a string that is screwed to the steering column.  The other
end of it goes to the pointer (and is spring loaded to pull it towards
"Park".  You should be able to loosen a screw on the column and adjust the
pointer's position.  It's been a long time since I did this, so I hope I
didnt miss any details.

-Dave