It was written:
> When you join a list make your first post an informative
> one: who you are, where you live, what you do, a little
> about your car...that sort of thing.  You'll find that
> people are more likely to respond to you if they have a
> more 3-dimensional idea of who you are.

My name is Cliff Simpson, I live in Calgary Alberta, hereafter referred to
as the frozen North, I'm a computer geek by trade.  I have a 70 Malibu 350
which is just about the anti-thesis of a collectors car.  It originally was
a bench seated 2bbl 350 commuter than has had 367,000 miles put on her.

My wife's father bought the car new and it has always been in the family.
At about 125K (probably a lot more since he says the speedo was out for a
summer while it was driven 120 miles a day) the motor and transmission were
replaced with new GM crate units.  At 300K I rebuilt the original motor and
swapped out the crate motor.  Lots of the usual maintenance plus I swapped
in buckets (which are coming out soon), a tilt column, new stereo, A/C dash
for the dual speaker grills, rally rims, and an electric rear window
defroster.  There's some pictures at
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/Chevelle.html.

Now for the questions:

   1) is anyone reproing the low washer fluid light setup.  I cut the fibre
optic cable off years ago but would like to restore it.

   2) will just any old 350 valve covers look correct?  Again, it has fancy
aluminum ones that I'd like to toss in favour of stockers.

   3) the cover underneath the steering wheel seems to "rub" is this
indicative of a problem or something I missed replacing when I swapped it
in?  Functionally it seems fine.  Just annoying.

   I want to get the engine detailed back to a stock look, put the bench
seat back in, and then take it in for rust fixing and a new paint job.

Thanks for listening, I've already learned lots from this list.
--

Cliff Simpson
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/