 -----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]  On Behalf Of Cliff Simpson
Sent:   28. januar 2002 19:45
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: [Chevelle-List] Intro, where to get low fluid indicator for 70
Malibu.

Tigergutt wrote:

> I thought it was kind of a fan or something on the package tray, what you
> have is like on a modern car, isn't it ?

My bad, I should explain.  If you look at the middle of package tray you
will see the
stock GM rear window defroster
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/70_large/Chevelle_Rear_Defroster.JPG

We added the wires because blowing cold air across the window was less than
an optimal
way to clear the window.

For a winter daily driver we kept it plugged in at night, added methyl
hydrate to each
tankful of gas, put a piece of cardboard in front of the rad in winter,
added a bag of
sand to the trunk, add an emergency kit to the trunk, added the heated wires
so we
could see, and kept decent tires on her.

It's fun zipping around in a 30 year old car making the new toys feel bad :)
--

Cliff "A SUV should not be substituted for driving ability." Simpson
http://www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~csimpson/Chevelle.html