Let's please get this right. Edelbrock did not buy anything from Carter. Both Edelbrock & Carter buy the carb bodies from Weber. Magneti-Marelli S.P.A is an Italian company, owned by Fiat, and is the current owner of the Weber brand. The carb. bodies are cast by their American subsidiary,Magneti-Marelli Powertrain USA, as Edelbrock's website says.

An Edelbrock carburetor is NOT a Carter. The both use Weber bodies and make their own internals. Yet the urban legend lives on...

I wasn't aware that Carter still made carbs, even so, I stand corrected. I have been misinformed by other list's posts. Since they are identical outside it made sense to me. I didn't mean to upset anyone with this, but I really don't think it counts as an urban legend.

Kelly C. Hanna
www.hannawoodworks.com