Since the temps here in Minnesota have risen to almost 50° and I can't
snowmobile, thought I would play a little with the Chevelle.  Took the
Q-Jet off and took in to have cleaned and rebuilt and noticed that the rod
that goes from the choke coiled spring on the manifold to the carb was off
and laying on top of the engine. Looked in the Service manual and can't see
a clear picture of where exactly this rod attaches to the side of the carb.
There are two possibilities. I have posted pictures of the choke here

http://people.mn.mediaone.net/addss/carb1.jpg

http://people.mn.mediaone.net/addss/carb2.jpg

Also the pictures of this coiled choke spring look different in the book
and I am wondering if I have the stock choke coil and carb?  In the
pictures you will see that I hung the top of the rod in the closest hole
but there is another hole just to the right. Which one?  Also would
appreciate steps for setting/adjusting the choke so I can get it right when
the carb comes back in a few days.

Thanks much for the help.

--
Jeff Fischer