Jeff, you're gonna love me for this...  ;^)

7042210 is the correct Q-Jet for a '72 Chevy/GMC half-
ton with a 350 CID V-8 and automatic transmission, and
set up for federal (non-CA) emissions standards.

Correct carb for your '71 454/4spd is 7041201, but if
you're more concerned about functionality the Q-Jet you
have can be made to work.  Good luck!

Brad