Jake - Welcome to the list.  Don't give up on a web search.  There are businesses which will inspect a car for you.  Also there are list members thru out the country who may be able to look at a car for you.
Finally there are kits ( www.vintageair.com ) to add air to chevelles which are reasonably priced.  Good luck in your quest.  BTW - 66 wouldn't be you graduation year, would it?
rick