Yeah but....

Everyone is saying too much money and too much rust...and they are
right!   But if you took a class in welding and was willing to learn the
body work with help from a local Chevelle club or experts online......

...AND you got the price down some more. Might make it worth it?

The money you'd save from doing it yourself would buy you lots of
equipment you'd have around afterwards and then many thousands more.
You'd still be buying a lot of sheet metal and putting a lot of work
into it. But if you shopped around and could find used parts that could
save some as well.

I sure hate to see any Chevelle go to the scrapper. But unless you are
willing to learn the body work and do it yourself then pass. Hopefully
someone that can do it themselves will pick it up.

Mine turned out to need a lot more sheet metal than I had imagined. But
I took a class in welding, got some experts over to give me an idea
where I was and a plan to go on from there. Will try to do it myself
with a little help from friends :)

                                                  Steve