From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Wayne Kline
Sent:
Tuesday, November 26, 2002 6:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] Frame question

Dale. In the Chevrolet/Chevelle chassis Service manual

section 02, page 2, fig 2, is a Chevelle frame dimension drawing.

 It use the funtion of a datum plane for vertial dimensions and body mount and locating pin holes for horizontal demensions.

  From the center line of the radiator mounting hole to a locating hole  on the side of the frame at about the upper A arm gussets is 32.12 in ALL

And all other dimension are the same, ALL models EXCEPT

STATION WAGON & PICK-UP ( El -Camino).  This one and only variation deals with the dimension length to the rear body mount.

The wheel base/lower control arm bolt location ect are the same.

A body sedan,coupe & convertible 145.35 + 32.12 = 177.47 in.

A body station wagon & el-camino 148.62 + 32.12 = 180.74 in.

Thus the station wagone & el-camino have and extra frame length

from the last rear side body mount to the end back body mount of

3.27in or 3 9/32 of an inch.

Wayne

ACES 1556

TCG 186