From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ken's Email
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 11:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-List] Dale: Electric Fan set up versus Clutch Fan set up

Duh: I meant puller fans, i.e., twin spal 11 inch fans mounted inside the engine bay and on the inside of the radiator, not on the outside. With this set up you would eliminate the clutch fan. You would have two spal fans with built in shrouds. This should fit in the 67 Chevelle Malibu, right ?

Thanks,

Ken

 Dale McIntosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ken,

Did you say pusher fans?  Pushers are about 70% as efficient as pullers reducing the 2780cfm flow to under 2000cfm.  They'll also block a lot of the incoming air even at speed when they're turned off.  In addition, the opening in the radiator support might not fit the two dual 11" fans.  Spal's tech sheet says their dual setup is 23.5".  Another thing to watch for is the room between the fans and the splash pan and those motors are 4.25" deep - I don't thing there is room to fit them with some cutting behind the grille.  I'd really suggest a puller setup.  The small block (assuming short pump) should have tons of room on the engine side.

Dale McIntosh
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67SS/67 Elky
Dales Place