my two cents  , i owned an ss and I've clone several, the only way to tell them apart is to have a build sheet, and numbers match block,, that where the high money is,  if you choose to invest in a chevelle have this in mind and you wont get burnt. these cars are old enough to have been though several restoration, , nowadays one does not know what going on in one's garage,,,,,, do your home work,  things to look for on  true ss car, s that have no matching engines,  fuel lines, suspension parts  steering parts, these are always dead give away's for small block cars, , James