I should have clarified.  The 454, turbo 350, and 10  bolt are all NOT original parts.  It doesn't matter to me though.  I am not
looking to have a concours restoration.  Just a fun car that looks, runs, and sounds great.

Trent
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] clones

I have a 67 Chevelle SS, with 396, 138 Vin, Muncie 4 speed, and 12 bolt rear.

You have a 10 bolt rear ?

McDee

 tjgallant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is my first major reply to this forum.  I have a '67 SS that I bought 2 months ago.  It is a real SS (I broke out the VIN and
have the protect-o-plate).  It is not original (454 tunnel ram, turbo 350, 10 bolt rear).  I have done all the research I could to find
out what was original on these cars (I was previously a Mopar guy, owned an original '70 Dodge Coronet R/T, and a '67 Coronet
440 that I made look like an R/T) before I bought it to make sure I knew what I was looking for.  I don't have a problem with persons trying to make their cars look like the more "muscular" variations of their car (Malibu to SS for example).  It's those people in the hobby that need to make sure the others that are new to the hobby knowledgeable in what to look for when buying a car.  That way they do not get burnt.

Only my opinion.

Trent Gallant
San Antonio, TX
Semper Fi