From: Ken's Email [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Monday, August 04, 2003 9:59 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Chevelle Malibus vs. Chevelle SS'= return values ????

As you are aware, Chevelle SS' are worth significantly more than Chevelle Malibus. I have a 67 Chevelle Malibu that I have upgraded and runs great. My question is for those who have Malibus. Do you question whether your putting more money into a classic that may not get you your return back if you decide to sell it in the future ? Not trying to offend anyone, just curious on whether I should trade up to a 66 or 67 Chevelle SS. When I start looking at my receipts I wonder if I am passing the point of more money than actual value or worth of Chevelle Malibu.  A legitimate question to ponder...not to piss anyone off in this great forum.

Oh, here is the breakdown on my 67 Chevelle Malibu. Let me know your opinions on value or worth of this Chevelle. Thanks.

<This 1967 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe has the following:

- new paint (original Capri Cream and gold interior). Rear cove panel is painted satin black.

- new SS hood and SS rocker panels (this is not a clone)

- new 383 stroker engine (with a nice 268 H Competition

  Cam) mated to original powerglide transmission. The

  transmission was overhauled and powerbands adjusted.

  There is 383 badging on front fender panels where a 396

  badge would normally go. Has Malibu script on rear panels

  so this is not an SS clone but a survivor 67 Chevelle

  Malibu that looks like an SS but maintains its originality.

- new carpeting (with dynamax sound deadener on the floorboards. No rust on floorboards and I coated inside floorboards with rust preventative prior to installing new carpeting).

- new headliner with insulation. New sails and visors.

- like new seats and interior (gold=original color). Front bench seat with small aftermarket console on floor.

- stereo sound system with 4 speakers and two subwoofers

  (I have two speakers in kick panels and kept the original

   kick panels). The rear panel has two 6 x 9 speakers that

   are covered by gold mesh so looks original. The two

   12 inch sub woofers are in the top of trunk with panel

   cover, along with amp. All quality eclipse stereo

   components and professionally installed. Head unit is

   below dash and original Chevy Delco stereo still in place.

- no rust; clean trunk and clean underhood (I was planning

  to have trunk upholstered in the near future).

- new radiator, heavy duty Stewart Warner high volume water pump, shroud, and heavy duty Derale fan. Runs at a consistent 185 degrees in summer heat.

- new exhaust system; 2.5 inch pipes leading to Dynomax mufflers (welded ultraflows); The mufflers turn down under the rear bumper. Hooker coated headers.

- new chrome bumpers

- carb rebuilt= Carter AFB Competition Carb

- accel ignition coil

- new Autometer guages (all other guages work, e.g., temp, alternator, parking brake light)

- new felts for windows; new trunk seal

- Viper alarm and hood lock

- new high torgue starter (note: Chevelle starts up quick).

- new Optima battery

- new fuel tank; and new sending unit

- new heater core; all heater controls and blower fan work as

  well as defroster unit.

- new grounding cables from engine to frame, etc.

- The 10 inch bolt rear end was overhauled with new fluids

- BF Goodrich tires

- Shocks in ok condition

- Good power steering unit

- New points, condenser, and rotor/cap. Good spark plug

  wires.

Has protecto plate and documents found under rear seat. This is a very reliable, fun car to drive. If I keep it the only upgrades I will add are HEI electronic ignition and front power disc brakes. Has everything else.

I just drove this car from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Maryland. I averaged 18 mpg. Runs great, and strong. Many compliments on the road. Again, this car is not a 1967 Chevelle SS. However, it is a clean and attractive 1967 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe that is extremely

reliable and a great cruising vehicle. Sounds like a hot rod muscle car. I made upgrades to enhance driving fun and reliability as a nice street car.

Sincerely,

Ken McDonough>

Do you Yahoo!?

Do you Yahoo!?