Okay I have to put in my 2cents worth. Sometimes you can easily get
your money back from these investments. I got my 72 Chevelle from a bank
who repo'd it. I bid and won it for $250. Interior only slightly worn at
the top corner of the drivers seat from sunshine. Exterior needed paint,
and a fender and a hood. normal brake pads, and maintenance needed. And
if you think about it, we enjoy this hobby. What would you pay going out
to dinner and a movie? Your labor of love is free. If you enjoy your
car, its worth every penny and every hour. And I look forward to
skipping many dinners out just to spend it on my Chevelle. I was driving
back from NY and in St.Louis a man offered me 10k for it at a gas
station; unpainted and all. I said no way; its like which ship would you
rather be seen pulling into port on, a cargo ship?.... or the Nimitz?
nuf said, enjoy your cars. :-Diane