Title: HEI tune-up kits
I put an Accel "Billetproof" electronic distributor in my chevelle small block over a year ago & haven't had any problems with it.  ($192 plus coil at Jeg's )
I just installed a Mallory HEI distributor in a friend's small block chevelle ($159 at Summit with coil, cap, etc) I haven't started the engine yet so I can't advise on performance but it is a bolt in replacement & on initial inspection seems to be high quality.
Don

Looking to upgrade my HEI distributor and was looking at summit and jegs. All of the kits I was looking at have the cap, rotor, module, coil, adjustable vacuum advance, advance weights & springs, and  bushings. There seems to be a bit of difference in prices.

Proform-79.99

MSD-137.99

Pertronix-119.99

Have any of you had any experience with any of these? Proform good or bad? I was thinking on staying away from Accel being that my current Accel cap and rotor (stock module and coil) which have only been on there 1 year, are all worn out and carboned up and carbon tracking. I don’t know if it is just because of the rest of the ignition needs better quality parts added or not.

Brian Zack

'70 Chevelle Malibu

mailto:brianz@dpsabq.com