From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 12:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] HEI tune-up kits

Dale:
Have you had any trouble with the unilite? I ran one for years (replaced one module). last week I was helping a friend find a distributor for his 68 f**d pickup. My buddy at the local parts house said stay away from unilite as its almost for certain within a year you will have to replace the module. Since this was in just a daily driver my friend did not want to spend $350.00 on a MSD unit. my first MSD unit cost me over $300.00 when it failed and blew out a brand new exhaust system. Why I bought another MSD unit is beyond me. I will say I have never been a fan of stock HEI units and have had my share of problems with them.
We end up buying a rebuilt distributor and installing a pertronix unit in. the total cost was just over 120.00. So I guess there are many ways one can go.

                                                        Larry (Z)