Maybe this page will help you decide:
http://www.5speedTransmissions.com/5sp_comparison.html

Ask the guys with the Richmonds to confirm, but I've been told the Long shifter external linkages won't fit in the tunnel, and that you'll need to cut a 'window' in the side of your tunnel and rebuild.  And to be careful that you don't build it in such a way as to get in the way of your gas pedal.
Again, confirm this for your car, as I've only heard from a few people about this.

The TREMEC TKO will definately require some major tunnel surgery.  Our 16.75"  with 2" offset shifter is due out in a month or two to allow you to use your stock console!  Finally!  Forte is expecting his 2nd iteration prototype this week.  Other than that, here's some swap details:    http://www.5speedTransmissions.com/3550_66-7_gm_a-body.html.

As you'd guess, I prefer the TREMEC 5sp.   :-)    It's also about $1000 less money than the Richmond 6.  And I offer a TC discount. :-)  Both are great transmissions though. I also prefer the TREMEC 5sp's gear spread.  The Richmond 6 seems to have too many gears, and I've heard stories of people only using every other gear because of that (which I totally don't get).  And, depending on your engine/cam/carb/rear gearing setup, the 6th gear may be near useless unless you're cruising at 90mph.

As you're looking, be sure to factor the 1st gear ratio, and the final gear ratio, and how they will work with your engine/cam/carb/rear gearing setup.  Both are pretty important.

Hope that helps some.
Mike,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Help me decide,
If you had the choice of either the Richmond 6 speed or the Tremec 5 speed to put in your chevelle what would you go with?
Thanks for any input!

--
  Check out my webpage at http://www.ProStreetCar.com
  and my For Sale page at http://www.ProStreetCar.com/classifieds.html