Congrats John.  There is still enough time to get it ready for the MCC show in June :-).  About the reverse lights.  If the car is column shift, the neutral safety switch and the revers light switch are one in the same.  It is located on the bottom of the column.  There is a tab that sits on another tab in the steering column.  That is adjustable left to right.  I just had to adjust one on a 66 I am working on.
As for the tranny, if you have a chrome pan on it, ditch it and put a stock aluminum one in it with a fel pro gasket.  Second on that, have you checked all the O-ring seals on the outside of the tranny?  The speedo cable gear, vacuum module, and the driveshaft seal.  Other things that can leak on it are the tailshaft seal and front pump seal.  Good luck!

Tom