At 05:08 PM 1/10/2004, you wrote:

Would someone with a 1968 Chevelle coupe be so kind to take a
measurement for me ?

What I need is to know if the front wheel is centered in the front
wheelwell.

Nope

Lets say, by measuring the wheelwell between where the front molding
ends and where the rear molding begins (just to have two reference
points), I mean from the edge of the wheelwell, not the molding itself.

30 1/4"

I would like to have this measurement (should be around 30/32", but I
don't have my numbers here).

I would also like to know if the center of the wheel is at center of
this measurement or if its moved front or aft by any degree.

The wheel center is appx 13 7/8" from the front--I.E. the wheel is forward of the centerline of the opening.

I get my wheelcenter to be moved back about 3/4" and that doesn't seem
right, I'm still in time to change before finish welding so please help
me if you are able to do that.
Hope this helps.
BL