> From: Bill Lessenberry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> There is a pigtail wire that comes off of the positive battery cable that
> goes to the junction block mounted to the radiator support.  This wire is a
> fusible link, made to blow if there is a problem in the charging
> circuit.  Check that the wire is secured tightly to the junction block,
> you'll probably have to take the battery out to check this.  The horn relay
> is mounted on the left (driver's) side of the radiator support.  The power
> to the fuseblock comes off of the wires from this relay, and there are also
> fusible links here.  Check to be sure that the terminals are clean & tight
> on the relay and that you have battery voltage at both of the big lugs on
> the relay.  There is no thermal thing anywhere in the system.  You should
> probably buy the 1968 Chassis Service Manual and the Assembly Manual for
> the car.  It will give you the information that you need to fix a bunch of
> problems.

So when did they start putting on fusible links?
I had mentioned that in my first attempt at posting.
(which was blown away by ISP - grrr)
64's have relatively primitive electrical systems, with some surprising things
un-fused.
I keep my cars in garage with batterries disconnected to avoid unfortunate incidents.
Now the 2003 Chevy truck otoh - I'd be sure to call the Fire Dept after 15 minutes or

Pete Geurds
Douglassville, PA