Sorry - no big secret, they are just off a 69 chevelle, which is good and
bad.  It is less of a hassle and they should be a direct bolt in since the
spindles are the same size, they are an 11" rotor and a dual master
cylinder, but I was originally hoping to do the tall spindle swap (and still
may in the future depending on how the car handles).  The car will be used
for cruising and general week end enjoyment so I don't have high
expectations of making a corner carver out of it.  Now I just have to find
out what GM cars came with 11x2 inch rear drums which will be a direct swap.

The cool thing about the car is that it belonged to a buddy of mine.  It is
a very straight (in need of A LOT of love though) 64 Chevelle Malibu SS that
was the first one sold off the show room floor from a local dealership.  My
buddy's dad bought it as the only nice / new thing he ever owned.  My buddy
really doesn't even like american cars, but it had so much sentimental value
to him that when I offered years ago to start redoing it for him if I could
borrow it occasionally and take it to Hot August Nights in Reno, he said
that it would be like loaning me his wife...  needless to say, I never asked
again.  I did talk to him years later about leaving it to me in his will
because he would be done with it and I wanted to see it go to some one who
would appreciate what it meant to him.   Several months ago he said that
things were changing in his life, he was planning on moving out of the house
that his grandfather built, that he had not touched the chevelle for 4 years
and that it had sat under a tarp in our little beach town and that he would
never get to start working on it again due to time , finances and other
things.  He asked me if I still wanted it since he thought it would be
better for me to get it while I had time to work on it and enjoy it.  When I
came to look at it, his wife said "Oh, you are willing to take the old car
out of the back yard for us?".  It pained me how little she understood or
appreciated what the chevelle meant to my buddy.  When I picked it up with
my trailer, I had only driven for 5 minutes before I had an offer to buy it
as is.  Needless to say, it is never going up for sale.  My buddy also
thanked me repeatedly for taking his car from him.  Needless to say I
thanked him repeatedly for giving me his mostly original 64 chelle malibu
ss.  He rebuiltthe suspension and gace it better springsand shocks.  He also
converted it to a 68 350 and a super t-10.  I am obviously changing the
brakes.  A norcal chevelle-camino club member turned me on to a camaro
steering box to quicken the steering.  The entire body has surface rust (and
rust through on the leading edge of the hood) so I am going to strip it and
change the color from dark green to black.  I am going to put AR torq thrust
d 15x7 in wheels.  The inetrior could used some work and I just saw a white
65 with these really cool "SS" logo seats that I forgot to ask the owner
where he got them.  Other wise, I want it to be a clean straight car that my
buddy would be proud of.  I of course originally had some visions of 13 inch
brakes a 6-71 blower.... but after finding out the complete history on the
car, I just would not have the heart, and the car deserves more respect.

Kinda a cool car and a wonderful place to start a resto.  Thanksagain for
all the help and advice.  I am sure I will be asking for more.

John(;-)