I think in the long run, these things will be good.  My friend and I, who
grew up next door to each other and each bought our Chevelles in 1990.  He
had to sell his while we were in college, but he's looking to get another
one now.  We are amazed at what we see some cars going for on ebay.  Insane
prices for otherwise undeserving (plain-jane, rusted) cars.  I think the
availability of this kind of stuff will help to even out the market.

The market for our cars only gets bigger every year, and Barrett Jackson,
along with Monster Garage/Pimp my Ride/Overhaulin/etc are helping to fuel
the popularity.  And the supply keeps dwindling as cars rust, get cut up
into race cars, wrecked, etc.

I hope they make a '70 convertible some day.

-Dave



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 3:27 PM
To: The Chevelle Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] the 69 Camaro convertible body saga

Although the cost would be high..I think these build your own 69 
camaros would be worth it.  You start from scratch and buy the options 
you want..the suspension, drivetrain, interior..no not a stocker but a 
nice $XX,XXX.XX car that is brand new.  Way better than most GM 
offerings these days..can you say new GTO?  yuck..  
     Instead most of us have to shell out good money to find a good 
solid car..then add the same $XX,XXX.XX to make it close to new?

Walt
http://www.personal.kent.edu/~wbainey/CHEVELLE.htm

----- Original Message -----
From: Clint Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Monday, April 4, 2005 3:16 pm
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] the 69 Camaro convertible body saga

> I might be interested when Dynacorp builds the Camaro coupe body. 
> The only
> ragtops I like are Corvettes.
> Clint Hooper
> H&H Custom,owner
> 1969 El Camino ProTourer
> 2001 H-D FLHR custom bagger
> http://dalesplace.com/misc/friends/clint/clint_hooper.htm
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "mike f" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 
> 
> > I'll tell ya what. I have always been a Chevelle fan
> > more so than Camaro. But I'd think about it for a new
> > body 1969 built however I wanted. My checkbook would
> > be the only limit.  How about you?
> > mike fry
> 
> 
> 
> 


Reply via email to