Lot's of insight.

Being 57 years young , I have destroyed my share of original SS cars and Z-28's It's funny I remember two guys back in the late 60's who took off the SS badges and 396 emblems to-be more stealth ( sleepers as they were called thin that area) as they terrorized the local Cruz scene.

IMO it your thing do what you want.. I have owned both real SS car and a clone cars. at present i have a set of both. There 64's and with out the obvious trim tag and vin and the upper fender moldings and full rocker moldings it's obvious which is which. Not as obvious in 69 and above and with the $$ the SS type cars are bringing and if i were to build a car for resale It sure would be a CLONE or Tribute car as some call them...

So build all the clones you want IMO , and people must be, OPG and all the re-pop houses are selling ton's of badges and trim parts and gauge packages to make you plane Jane the SS you always wanted..

Wayne
ACES 1556
TC 186

 I am curious, how many of you would consider  building a clone and what is
your age? I ask age because it seems like younger  guys who build clones
see nothing wrong with it. Personally I think it takes  away from original
cars, I mean you go to a show to see rare stuff and it takes  the fun out
of it. I would much rather look at a dozen Malibus and one SS  versus a
dozen fakes. I would bet there are more ''SS'' cars on the  road now then
there ever were built originally!!

 Sorry to vent, but I had to get this out of  my system.