In a message dated 1/8/2006 4:55:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Hi I am in a debate with my self. I can not decide on going with an electric
fan or get a new fan shroud and stay with the flex fan I have now. I have a
70ss built 454 with an auto trans. If I go with an electric what size and
how many should I go with and should I use a set temperature sensor for it
or should I use an adjustable one. Any suggestions/ input on what you guys
use.   right now my shroud is shot and on hot days with allot of idling it
gets hot 240 to 260.

Also any suggestions on the type of glue to use on installing my new rear
bumper pad?

Thanks for your help

Al   http://www.cardomain.com/ride/858702

Flex fans suck, period.  Get rid of it and put on a stock 7 blade 19" fan with a heavy duty clutch and use the 71-72 Chevelle big block fan shroud, all the resto parts suppliers have them.  Remember, factory setups worked back when the engineers designed them 35 years ago, they will still work today.  I myself am running a 500 HP 454/TH400 combo and the temp in mine never goes over 210 while idling in the summer.
As for the bumper pad, use 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive, just make sure you trace the pattern on the bumper with a sharpie, then scuff the bumper with some 180 grit sandpape.  Do the same with the bumper pad.  This will assist adhesion.

Tom