More money than brains, me thinks.  gm66
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:17:50 EST
To: Chevelle-list@chevelles.net
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Barrett Jackson

In  a  message  dated  1/20/2006  8:58:55 A.M. Eastern Standard
Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I  tuned in late last night and caught em putin the hammer down
on  a  Red  66 SS for $125,000.  Can anyone give me the details
that made this one that special? We use Barrett Jackson, Mecum,
Kruse  and  other  auctions  as  comparables when insuring high
dollar  cars.  Sometimes the underwriters just don't understand
and  you  have to show proof. On another note, I have an old 68
Malibu out back that I am thinking about sticking a Hemi in and
running  it through BJ in the fall. Anyone know where I can get
a set  of  motor  mounts  for  that???   (all in jest of course
unless I could find one of those Smokey Yunick Hemis).

Just  out  of  curiosity,  why  do  you  use these auctions for
insurance  purposes?   This is just a personal opinion of mine,
but  all  I  see  these  auctions  as  is rich people competing
against one another to see who has too much money to spend.  In
other  words, I see it as all smoke & mirrors, not a reflection
of what the cars are realistically worth.

Tom

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.