How about the inside of the tank Ron? I know the outside is important, but the inside even more so. If you haven't yet, take the sending unit out and take a good look inside. As others have mentioned, all kinds of stuff makes their way inside. If you have rust problems, POR makes some stuff you just pour in, swish it around to coat everything, and you're done. It seals everything so as not to contaminate your fuel supply.

Larry Shouse

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Zeppin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:15 PM
Subject: [Chevelle-list] Gas tank ...

Hey guys... I pulled my tank and dumped the old gas out, and thought I'd clean it up a big... The pic shows the tank after I cleaned up a bit over half of one side... just water and a scotchbrite sponge. After I took these I used a soft abrasive disk on my die grinder and cleaned up the crap on the filler neck and the few spots where the undercoating had gotten 'stringed' across... I may go ahead and hit the entire tank with the pad... I was planning on just painting it black before I put it back in... any other suggestions?? There is NO rust on the tank at all... I'd thought of POR, but that may be overkill... I don't ever intend for the car to see the rain... it'll only be driven
every couple of weeks, etc...  Any suggestions?

Ron