That was what I was thinking Dale. I wasn't looking forward to running a new hard line through the frame. From the outside, the old fuel line looked fine - where I could see... I blew compressed air through it over the weekend with a clean rag covering the other end to see what comes out. At first, very little came out, then I heard a loud pop, and saw a cloud of dust under the car. There was dirt and dust flying out from two or three different places. So much for using the old line.

Larry Shouse
----- Original Message -----
From: Dale
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 6:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-list] Fuel Filter

I had braided hose from the tank to the fuel rail on my 67 w/FI.  Personally I didn’t notice any fuel smells. I used braided line rather than a hard line mainly because it was easier to tuck up out of the way along the frame rail. Once I figured out how to cut the ends off cleanly for the fittings, it was pretty simple. It was a little more expensive than hard line but, then again, it’s harder to kink. <G>

Dale McIntosh
67 El Camino
1967 Chevelle Reference CD
http://www.chevellecd.com