Jen-CA

Bulldogs only have 7 years? how come!
-----

Mostly because back yard breeders, puppy mills etc have bred bulldogs & become a very unhealthy breed.  Then you take a poorly bred (unhealthy) dog and sell it to uneducated people who dont know how to properly care for bulldogs, and/or not prepared for the health issues and high vet bills.

They are becoming one of the most high maintenance dogs (due to health, not grooming) there is.

Before I bought my first bulldog, I researched them/their pedigrees for 2yrs and learned the different lines backwards and forwards - 'til I found what I felt was the healthiest I could find.  Before I sold a bulldog to anyone, I spoke to them for at least a month interviewing them - and then educating them. They each went home with a 3ring binder FULL of just about every bulldog info you could think of - with my phone number and email address AND my vets phone # on every single page :-)

Now I'm looking for a Chi breeder that is half an anal as I was, to buy a Chi from LoL

Sandi Spears
-------------------
Please help Rolie Polie Olie
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action="">

Mastiff Hope Rescue
www.MastiffHope.org

Bulldog Rescue Railroad
Double S Ranch & Rescue

Jen-CA wrote:
When I was doing my research, Flint River appeared to be the BEST dog food on the market.  There is not one brand in Petco or Petsmart that I would feed to any dog.  Right now I put my rescues on Royal Canin puppy 33 to put weight on them (if they need it) then slowly switch them to Natural Balance Organic for them when they leave to their new forever homes.  They also get raw food and usually are they choose to go raw by the time they leave.  I give them the choice.  They choose.  But when I researched and researched Flint River was by far the best.  I just have to order it and it gets real costly plus if I do not have any rescues in house, then I end up throwing the kibble away after a period of time.

Sandi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mine are not Chi's. But I fed raw to 2 of my bulldogs for many many many
years.  Average life of a bulldog is 7yrs. Mine are now 13 and 14yrs
old. Not one thing wrong with them. They act 5yr old and strong!   I
also contribute this to the  high quality supplements I give them.

I have stopped feeding raw recently. But not because of anything to do
with raw vs kibble debate. It was only for personal reasons and now feed
Flint River Ranch.

Sandi Spears