In a message dated 4/11/2006 12:44:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Never ever give your dog raw meat of any kind!
>
> I disagree 100%.  If the meat is coming from a reliable source there
> is nothing wrong with feeding raw meat.

  There is no such thing as a 100% reliable source! 99 % of all meat produced in the US and abroad is corporate controlled. Their motto is "Time Is Money". They don't bother to check meat for possible contaminents. They process it as fast as they can so they can maintain their profit margin. Raw meat can contain salmonella, bochelinus, Mad Cow virus, Bird Flu, rodent hair and feces, animal hair, feathers, urine and feces, and pus! That's right, PUS! The dairy industry doesn't care if a cow has infected mammaries. They milk her any way and pass that filth off to unknowing consumers. No, the pus is NOT removed during processing. Bacteria thrives on warm, protien-based matter. It will go dormant during refrigeration, but will become active again as soon as the meat or milk reaches the right temperature. The ONLY way to be sure is to cook thoroughly all meat, and never give dairy to your dogs or cats. It can cause pancreatic malfunction.

Gloria

"Oh, no! Elastigirl! You married Elastigirl?...Then GOT BUSY! This is tooooo good!" Syndrome, from the film, "The Incredibles".