From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jerseee Lass
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 3:21 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] New Chi Mommy Needs Advice

I appreciate the advice several of you have given me regarding the pup being too young to be away from it's mother at 7.5 weeks. I will call the breeder tonight. When I was there he had the four pups together in a playpen and they were eating puppy chow and they had water. He said the first time he gave the pups the puppy chow they went right to it and ate it readily. The mother and father were nearby, but not with the pups. I believe he said he does put the pups together with the mother most of the time, but separates them so the pups can eat the chow. Is this the correct thing for him to be doing? They are 6.5 weeks old.

I have another question. I've seen online DVDs claiming to tell you how to train chis specifically. In the ads they say that chis require training methods that differ from other breeds and their product will let you in on the 'secrets'. Any truth to this??
Lucy in NJ

Nonnie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
7.5 weeks is TOO YOUNG FOR IT TO BE TAKEN FROM ITS MOTHER BEWARE.  It may be cute but you don't want to take it that young.

Nonnie