  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [Chihuahuas] Re: Chihuahua habits

  My Chi isn't as bad as my female Maltese Bailey,~>

  Look at what I found her doing about a week ago,  digging up my carpet!

  sexychartlotte74 wrote:

I have an 8 month old tri-colour Chi who likes to dig in the
furniture and then steal whatever he finds.... mail that slipped
between the couch cushions, cat toys, etc.... He also digs in his
blankets / bed whenever he settles in. Is that typical???

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, "liubluejeans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
  Tootsie is my first Chihuahua and I'm noticing some things about
    her
  that drive me insane!  Is this normal behavior or is my dog
    psychotic???
  First, she get too excited when I come home.  I love her dearly and
apparently, she loves me too.  She is only home alone for about 2
    hours
  a day, one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon
    because of
  my husband and son's schedules.  But when I come home (I'm last) at
5:30 or so, she nearly wriggles herself apart!

She runs in circles, wild circles, and when I pick her up, it's
    like
  hugging a tornado.  She scratches and licks me like I've been
    missing
  for months...every day.  How can I calm her down?

Second, in the evening, when we are all winding down, she sits on
    the
  couch and licks my ankles.  I typically make her stop (because it
    is
  annoying!) but last night, I wondered, just out of curiosity, how
    long
  she would continue to lick if I didn't stop her...she licked one
    spot
  on my foot for 29 minutes.  Thank goodness she's not a cat!  I'd
    have a
  blister!  She then stopped, got down, played with her toys for
    about 20
  minutes then resumed her licking on my ankle.  She went for another
    20
  minutes and I just couldn't take any more.

Why does she do this?  She has plenty of fresh water all the time.
    She
  gets plenty to eat and seems to enjoy her food. She get all natural
treat on occassion and has plenty of chew toys.  I can't imagine
    what
  deficiency she might have that she can fulfill by licking my ankle.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Beth