I fed Kiko oatmeal to get more fiber into her, I also feed her cheese all the
time as well as do not feed her table food and none of this helped her anal
glands. They continued to get increasingly worse and we had to have them out.

address2000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:          I've had to get Lacie's done
about 4 times in the last 2 years, but hers have never abscessed like Minnie's
did. The vet told me that the fluid in the anal sacs is to lubricate the anus
when they poo. The poo needs to be very firm as it goes by the sacs to
stimulate the release of the fluid. When the poo is on the soft side it doesn't
open the sacs and the fluid then builds up. She said sometimes a high fiber
diet helps, but not always. I just read the other day that table scraps
produces softer poo and can cause the build up of the fluid in the anal sacs. I
think someone in this group, but I can't say for sure, a while ago said they
feed their chi's a piece of cheese everyday to keep their anal sacs working
right. I try to do that now too, but I admit I sometimes forget. I remember a
lot more often since Minnie got the abscess though.
Blessings to u and your's :-)
Addy

claudia werner wrote:       I have to get Brutus and Sissy,s anal gland cleaned
every 3month ore so .If they slide on the carpet  i know is time to take them.I
try to get it done before it comes to that.I dont thing you did anything wrong.

God bless you.Claudia