Marsha,
  I wish I had had your knowledge and advice while I was going thru this with
Kiko. I had never heard of it before and did a lot of reading but was worried.
I did write what I eventually had to do.  Diana

marsha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Look at his behind, see if it appears swollen. Maybe even gently
use your thumbs to push up and out toward the hole. If gross stuff comes out,
that is all it is and he will be uncomfortable but absolutely fine until you
get to the vet. If you think it is NOT glands....maybe internal bleeding, that
is an entirely different story. But if it is internal, there will not be a
"sore" on his butt, his butt will not be swollen, ect.

  If you are a "strong hearted" person, lol...as opposed to wimpy, lol.....then
do it yourself tonight and it will help him feel better till you get to the
vet. You can google canine anal glad expressing or something and see videos,
but really, all you need to do, is go somewhere where the area can be protected
(bc it is nasty!) maybe wear latex gloves...take your hands and make a v shape
with your thumbs, with the bottom part of the hand together....place each thumb
just beside and slightly below the anus (or if you see the impact, just on the
other side of it) and gently push up and out...pushing the stuff out of the
anus. You don't have to get it all, since the vet will finish, but just getting
some of it will help him feel better over night.

  Marsha

  Do not tell God how big your storm is. Tell the storm how big your God is.