I am not a newby as a dog owner.  I think many of you here should read more,
and be more updated on dog health. This sounds like an old record repeating on
and on..
This sounds like a common sense to me:

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2013/02/11/ted-kerasote-interview-part-two.aspx