Hi James Su,

Thank you for your comments.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:17 AM, Zhe Su<james...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm interested in working with you on the IME support issue, especially on
> Linux. I just read attached document, and following are some of my questions
> and information:
>
> 1. How about the support of "on-the-spot" mode (preedit/composition) and
> surrounding text? Which require more events than key press/release and
> commit. As I know that some of input methods (at least on Linux) rely on
> these features.
>
> 2. On Linux/Gtk, some input methods (like SCIM) will intercept key events by
> using gtk_key_snooper_install(), so that when input method is on, only key
> events that are not handled by input method will be delivered to
> application. Which might lead problem if application relies on those key
> events to work.

Thank you for your comments. They are definitely helpful.
To handle IME events on Linux (GTK), we notice we should not only
handle more events of GTKIMContext (e.g. "preedit_start",
"preedit_changed", "preedit_end", etc.) but also decide what IPC
messages we should send when an IME intercepts key events.
I'm adding more diagrams that describe such CJK cases (on Windows,
Mac, and Linux) to my document so that we can also figure out CJK
problems and find solutions that make all platforms happy.
I'm sure we should keep you informed about this issue, so it is
helpful to keep giving us your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hb...@chromium.org